DANNY STEYN'S PRIVATE NUDE AND GLAMOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Danny offers Nude Glamour Photography classes in groups and private lessons in both studio and outdoor settings. Over the years Danny has had his nude and glamour photography published in some of the world’s most prestigious magazines raging from Playboy to Sports Illustrated. Danny really enjoys teaching and his nude glamour photography workshops are generally sold out way in advance.
Our nude glamour photography workshop will give you a personal insight into how to approach this genre. Not only will you have in depth instruction, but you will also have the opportunity to photography stunning professional glamour models, and you will walk away with great images to showcase your talent as a photographer.
PROGRAM OUTLINE - NUDE AND GLAMOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
We start off the morning bright and early at our studio with coffee and a brief introduction. While the models are getting their hair and makeup done by our team of makeup artist and hairstylists, we start our class discussing our approach to glamour and nude photography, the lighting setup and model direction. We also discuss your equipment and how we will be integrating your specific camera into our lighting setup (synch cords, slaves etc.)
We then break into groups to photograph models. We will have stunningly beautiful models who will be posing in a range of outfits, from glamour to topless to nude. For our larger workshop groups, we will set-up two model stages to allow 2 groups to shoot at the same time. You will get to work one-on-one with all our stunning models, directing them into poses you like, and getting the photos you want. This will NOT be a free-for-all with everyone trying to direct the models all at once.
At midday we break for lunch. After lunch you will be back in front of the models, shooting on different sets, changing their wardrobes. You will each be able to personally direct and photograph your models in a variety of outfits, from sexy lingerie to nude boudoir scenes.
At the end of the day we finish up with a review of your images on the big screen, and we will select a few images for a quick demonstration of our professional Photoshop editing tricks-of-the-trade to get the most out of your images.
Our large glamour and nude photography workshop is limited to 20 photographers. Our smaller nude and glamour photography workshop is limited to 10 photographers. For those interested in a more personal approach we offer private one-on-one glamour nude photography classes with one or more models.
- Our large glamour and nude photography workshop is limited to 20 photographers.
- Our smaller nude and glamour photography workshop is limited to 10 photographers.
Course Outline - Nude and Glamour Photography Workshop
In terms of the class detail, this is a brief outline of what we will cover.
- Everything you need to know when working with models
- How and where to find models
- Casting Calls and Model Searches
- Professional conduct in working with models
- How to pose your models – flattering their assets and hiding their flaws
- Wardrobe choices – styling, background keying, covering up
- Hair & Makeup
- Model Fees
- Scope of Shoots
- Managing Model Expectations
- Model Releases – legal requirements, Proof of Age etc.
- Choosing the ideal equipment to get the most out of your shoot
- Camera selection
- Lens selection for each application
- Exposure mode: Manual, Aperture and Shutter Priority
- Law of Reciprocity, Depth of Field
- Previewing images on monitors – tethered and wireless
- Studio lighting setup and control
- How to create flattering light for the nude and glamour model
- Ambient light and reflectors
- Flash / Strobe light and modifiers
- Modeling lights
- Continuous light – HMI, Tungsten, Daylight Fluorescent
- Metering light – incident vs. reflected
- Key Light, Fill Light, Hair Light, Rim Light and ratios between all
- Background Light, effects
- Soft-boxes, Umbrellas and light modifiers
- Reflectors and Flags
- All the other important stuff you need to know, but were too afraid to ask
- Permits – beaches, parks, public places
- General legal issues and requirements
- Image watermarks, copyrights and protection
- Property Releases
- Image storage and archiving
- Title 18 Requirements
What our students have to say about Danny Steyn's Nude and Glamour Photography Workshops...
Hi Danny, Your presentation today lived up to my every expectation... and more. Your whole team worked their butts off and did an outstanding job for us today which we appreciate very much. I heard nothing but praises for you and your team. Everyone went away very satisfied that they got their moneys worth and much more. For me your talk at the beginning was 80% of the workshop. You obviously have a very productive and cooperative team and it shows in your results.
Bob Holmes, President Kendall Camera Club
Danny, First I must say thank you for a marvelous learning experience. You’re a terrific teacher, but that alone couldn’t carry the day as well as the team you’ve built. It’s easy to recognize everyone’s high-level abilities and their professionalism. Please pass my thanks to the whole group. The models you brought in for us were both beautiful and delightful people! The amount of information I gained from your workshop is enormous – almost unbelievable. I came in wondering if I could possibly do a reasonable job of glamour photography. I left certain that I could, by applying your teachings and making habits of some key points. I’m looking forward to our one-on-one in 2 weeks. I think you’ll find that the workshop got me to a level at which you can start showing me some of the finer points without losing me.
David - Miami Florida
Danny, I just wanted to send you a quick email regarding the workshop you held on July 29th. I learned a great deal about lighting, also about patience ... trying to be conscious of remembering quality over quantity. Sometimes you just get a "lucky shot" and when you do to be grateful. It does pay to have top quality models. And, that I have a LOT more to learn. I also had a fantastic time and came away with several images that I'm proud to say I shot!
Bruce Johnson - Clermont Florida