Corn Macque Choux
Macque Choux (pronounced “mock shoe”) is a Cajun corn and vegetable sauté. Here we eschew the traditional bacon fat or butter for heart-healthy olive oil. Try it at your next backyard barbecue.
TOTAL TIME:20 min
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
1 small onion(s)
1/2 medium pepper(s), red, bell
2 clove(s) garlic
4 ear(s) corn
kernels cut from cob
- 1/4 cup(s) water
1 medium tomato(es)
3 whole scallion(s) (green onions)
1/2 teaspoon thyme, fresh
finely chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
or to taste
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
3. Add bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
4. Add corn kernels and water and cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes more.
5.Remove from heat and stir in tomato, scallions, thyme, paprika, salt and cayenne.
Video: Corn Maque Choux (MOCK SHU)-- Cajun Style!
40 Neo Traditional Snake Tattoo Ideas For Men – Serpent Designs
Ways to Get Your Glow On
The Hot List: May 2010
A Comparison of Krill and Fish Oils: Is One Better Than the Other
Dexas Popware Collapsible Kennel Round Bowl Green Large 2.5Cup 20 oz for Pets
Tutorial: A Stunning Glitter Eye Makeup Look for Going Out (or Anytime)
Frisco Refill Planet Friendly Dog Poop Bags, Scented, 120 count
Caramel Pear Ice Cream
7. Rest and Recovery
How to Do Bridesmaid Makeup
How to Decorate a Page
How to Become Happy Again