Garlic For Back Pain - How To Use Garlic To Get Rid Of Back Pain
How to Take Garlic for Back Pain
Back pain affects approximately 80 percent of adults. The causes can include muscle strain, osteoporosis, arthritis, bad posture, standing on hard surfaces and herniated discs. With care, good body mechanics and exercise, most back injuries heal within 6 weeks. If you are healing from an injury or if you have chronic back pain, you may wonder what natural methods you can use to speed up the recovery process and reduce pain. Garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and other spices are believed to have anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that properties in garlic can lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and it also has some antibiotic properties. Learn how to take garlic for back pain..
General Back Pain Treatment
Seek medical attention if you have been experiencing acute back pain for more than a week or if you have pain or numbness in your lower extremities.This could be the sign of a structural problem in your spinal vertebrae that is affecting your nerves.
Begin a wellness plan that includes daily exercise, light stretching, orthotic supports, massage and possibly weight loss.Garlic, or any other single food, is not a cure for back pain. Back pain relief is usually achieved through regular low-impact exercise and ergonomic behavior modification.
Eat 2 to 3 cloves of fresh garlic every day.Many natural remedy websites recommend that you eat 2 to 3 fresh cloves of garlic in the morning; however, you can also use it in recipes. Fresh garlic can be pressed into salad dressings, dipping sauces or served on rice, bread, fish and other lean meats.
Start an anti-inflammation diet.Dr. Andrew Weill created this diet in order to maximize the number of foods in a person's diet that are known to help the body repair and thrive. Garlic is a component of this diet, as are the following:
- Eat plenty of phytonutrients per day. This means consuming 4 to 5 servings of vegetables per day and 3 to 4 servings of fruit. The eating plan emphasizes eating foods of different colors to maximize your vitamin and mineral intake. You should eat dark green, leafy vegetables every day.
- Eat 40 grams of fiber per day. Fiber is provided by vegetables and fruits, but also through whole and cracked grains, beans and legumes.
- Protein should be from eggs, lean meats, yogurt and soy.
- Modify your beverage choices. Choose tea over coffee. Choose red wine if you drink alcoholic beverages. Drink plenty of purified water throughout the day.
- Dr. Weill suggests that if you do not eat 2 to 3 cloves and turmeric every day, you should consider taking them in supplemental form. You can find dietary supplements on the Internet or in natural food stores. Visit drweil.com/drw/u/ART02012/anti-inflammatory-diet to read more about this diet plan's specifications.
Garlic Oil Rub
Make garlic oil regularly to apply as a topical analgesic.Fry 10 cloves of garlic in 2 oz. (60 ml) of coconut or sesame oil. Heat the oil on low heat in a frying pan, and keep the cloves of garlic in the pan until they are brown.
- Strain the garlic cloves away and keep the oil in a small glass jar. This can be used for a few days after making it.
Apply a generous amount of garlic oil to the parts of your back that are sore.Massage the garlic into the skin.
Leave the oil on the skin for 3 hours.Wash it off with soap and water. Try taking a warm bath to increase the effects of the oil on tight or sore muscles.
Repeat daily as needed for back pain.
QuestionIs garlic helpful in reducing joint pain in the leg?
Naturopathic DoctorNaturopathic DoctorExpert AnswerYes, garlic can help reduce joint pain in the knees, hips, and ankles. Use your chosen method for at least 3-4 weeks, and you should begin to see some improvement.Thanks!
Is garlic good for cervical spondylitis?
Can I use garlic for neck disc?
Does garlic relieve sciatic pain?
What's the best exercises for back pain?
Video: How to make garlic oil - it's good for back pain, joint pain etc.
How to Choose a Shiba Inu Puppy
How to Be a New England Patriots Fan
18 Outfit Ideas on How to Wear Capri for Women Over 50
NPThirty: How Natasha Poly Throws A Birthday Party
Five signs that your career is about to get vapid
Why Does Diabetes Make You So Thirsty
How to Fix Faux Leather Peeling
How to Apply for Global Entry
Gluten-Free Caesar Salad Recipe
The Limited is Launching a Scandal’ Collection
Halloweens Biggest Costume Trends—Revealed