How to Make Yema
How to Make Milky Peanut Butter Yema Candy
Yema is a traditional Filipino candy. The version provided here has evolved considerably from its original roots. From the basic sugar and condensed milk version, it now incorporates the richness of powdered milk and nuttiness of peanut butter. This softer and creamier version of yema candy is a delight.
1 can condensed milk
1 pack of powdered milk (small size about 230-290g/8-10 oz)
Sugar (the same amount as the powdered milk)
1/4 - 1/2 jar of smooth peanut butter
Mix the condensed milk, sugar and peanut butter in a blender.Add the blended mixture to a saucepan and boil for a few minutes just to dissolve the sugar particles.
Boil for a few minutes until sticky in consistency.Just before you turn the stove off, add the powdered milk and mix through thoroughly. Don't worry––it is supposed to have a powdery texture when you eat it.
Cool it down.Drop evenly sized little blobs of the mixture onto a non-stick surface, such as a silicone sheet or sheet of wax paper to cool. Once each candy has cooled, it is ready to wrap.
Wrap in individual pieces of cellophane or wax paper.Wind the top to keep the wrapper in place, or tie with raffia or similar. Finished.
QuestionHow many minutes should the yema cook?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAbout 20 minutes.Thanks!
What is the shelf life of yema?
How to make simple.yema
Why does my yema candy end up very hard after cooling it, so I can't mold or wrap it?
- For presentation purposes you can roll each candy in powdered sugar. The yema candy is really meant to be sweet because the sugar acts as a food preservative.
- As a variation on the traditional yema candy, you'll find this version a lot softer. That's normal.
- If powdered milk is added, the expiration date is 3 months keep in the refrigerator or one to two weeks at room temperature, depending on the quantity of sugar content.
- Remember that powdered milk is added to regulate the water content and to make the yema softer so adding too much powdered milk will cause the yema to spoil quickly.
- Avoid adding too much sugar or the candy will turn out too sweet and unappetizing.
Things You'll Need
Silicone sheet or other non-stick surface
Wax paper or cellophane
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français:
Video: Yema Spread - Dulce de Leche in 15 Minutes | Food Business Recipe w/ Complete Costing
Karl Lagerfeld Does Dallas
Sneak Peek Check Out Lourdes And Madonna’s Sketches For MaterialGirl’
Meghan Markle Did Impeccable Calligraphy for My Wedding Invitations
Celebrity Style Highlights from Fall 2019 NYFW
7 Simple Ways To Remove A Fake Tan
30 Amazing DIY Projects For Teenagers with Tutorials
The Craziest Looks From the Victorias Secret Fashion Show
How to make orange face packs, face masks for your beauty care at home
Best way to get perfect eyebrows
How to Get Motivated to Do Well at School
How to Make Your Own Aux Cable
Exactly How To Organize Your Medicine Cabinet—And What To Toss