How to Tell If Your Smartphone Is Fake Or Real
How to Identify if Your Phone Is an Original or a Clone
Buying second hand or cheap branded handsets might be risky because cell phones nowadays, especially expensive models, can also be copied. Some called them “Clone” or “Premium Copies.” Because originals and cloned cell phones look so alike, you cannot identify them by just checking the materials used on the phone, but even then, there’s always a difference. If you know what to look for, you can check if your phone is an original or not.
Checking the Build Quality
Compare the handset to the original one.Most of the expensive phones are made of high-quality materials. If possible, compare them to your handset and make a comparison.
- It is not an assurance that your phone is original if it looks exactly the same as the expensive, high-quality phone.
Go to the cell phone manufacturer’s website and check the materials used.To be sure, it’s better to check their website to know what materials were used for your handset.
- For example, your handset is a Samsung; it states on the website that this Samsung cell phone’s screen is made of glass. If the screen of the handset you have is made of plastic, there is a possibility that it’s a clone.
Checking the Software Used and Other Specifications
Check the specification on the box.You can find the product specification on the back of the box of the phone. Compare it with your handset by going to Settings > About phone. If the specifications don’t match, it’s possible your phone is a clone.
- In case the box is missing, the whole specs are available to view online on GSMArena or in its official website too.
Check your phone’s specification using a third-party app.To check your own handset’s specification, search and download Antutu Benchmark from Google Play. The logo is a red Android image with fire as a background. It will let you test your device’s speed and will later detect full specification of your phone and device’s name.
- If it will display another phone’s manufacturer’s name, then your phone might be a clone.
Check the software.If your phone is an iPhone, you can check the software. iPhone clones are not Java capable and use Android as their OS. The clone manufacturer cannot use iOS because it’s Apple-exclusive.
- Remember also that the iPhone has the iTunes App Store, not Google Play.
- An iPhone is connected to iTunes, and you must have an iCloud account to allow synchronization from your phone.
Verifying the IMEI and Serial Number
Check the serial number.If you have an iPhone, check its serial number and verify it on its website.
- To get an iPhone’s serial number, go to Settings > General > About phone.
- Once you get the serial number, input it here: . It will check your phone’s warranty period.
- If the system says “We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again,” it is likely that your iPhone is fake.
Check your phone’s IMEI.For Android and other handsets, the IMEI can be found on the back of your handset. If the sticker has been tampered, you can find it in Settings > About > Status. The IMEI information is there too.
- You can also dial *#06# on your handset to display your IMEI.
- Once you get the IMEI, go to Imei.info. Input your phone’s IMEI in the box and hit “CHECK.”
- The system will verify the phone’s information. If it displays information different from the handset, then your handset might be fake.
QuestionHow do I know if my Sony V3+ is original?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDial *#06# on your phone. Copy the number displayed. Go to Imei.info, enter the number displayed, and see what phone it is.Thanks!
QuestionI entered the I.M.E.I. number; it said the phone was an HTC brand but gave me no other information. Where can I find more detail about my phone?SlipSerumCommunity AnswerTry visiting HTC's site for more information and search the support for details of your phone.Thanks!
QuestionMy phone is a 2019 Huawei Y5, but when I put my IMEI number into imei.info, it shows me that it is a 2015 mode. What can I do to clarify what my phone actually is?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCheck the manufacturer's website for more details. Your phone may be made in 2015 but launched in 2019.Thanks!
QuestionWhy does the number say that my phone is S6 when I have a Note 5?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSomeone has probably tampered with it. Essentially, the phone could have been stolen or blacklisted.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know that my Samsung J9 prime is an original?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCheck the IMEI number (type into the phone, *#06#) and then Google the number. The Samsung J9 primes are almost always originals.Thanks!
QuestionHow do l know if Samsung Mega 6 is original?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFollow the directions above, if that doesn't help search on Google. You can also take it to a store that sells this model and ask them.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I tell if my Huawei phone is original?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf the back of the phone is yellow, it is original.Thanks!
How do I check if a phone's fake or original?
What proofs to know that my vivo is original?
How do I tell if my Samsung Galaxy is fake?
How would I go about determining if my Vivo v9 is legitimate?
How do I know my phantom 6 plus is original?
In other languages:
Português: , Italiano: , Deutsch: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia: , العربية: , Español: , Français: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt: , 中文:
Video: How to Tell If Your Phone Is Tapped
How to Maintain Computer Peripherals
How to Buddy Tape an Injured Toe
How to Eat More Iron
Caracalla 1947 Carbonio Nero Collection
Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient epic rib-eye steak Recipe
25 Mind-Blowing Makeup Ideas to Try for Halloween
9 Thoughts Everyone Has While Trying to Stay Healthy on Vacation
Linguine al Limone With Grilled Chia-Chicken Meatballs
Vanilla Strawberry Cream Cakes
The Crazy Blackhead-Removing Trick People On Reddit Are Obsessed With