Knee Length Skirt wearing Ideas for Teengers/Girls/women - Fashion Friendly
How to Dress in Knee Length Skirts
Wearing a knee-length skirt is something that’s back in style. You can look trendy, classy, and fashionable with this look. It’s important you follow a few key tips, though, so you don’t look dowdy. Knee-length refers to skirts ranging from just above to just below the knee.
Picking the Right Knee-Length Skirt
Pick a length that flatters your height.Not everyone has the same body type, and there are some ways you can make a knee-length skirt look better for yours.
- Short women or girls look really good in knee-length skirts that fall right below the knees. It’s not true that short women can’t wear knee-length skirts.
- If you’re very tall, you will look great in a skirt that falls right at the mid-calf point. That doesn’t mean you can’t try a knee-length skirt, but it’s something to consider.
- Women over 40 look good in knee-length skirts, which are slimming, and show the calves.
Pick a shape that flatters your body type.There are many styles of knee-length skirts, and different body types look better in some than others.
- Knee-length skirts don’t have to be boring, and they don’t have to come in a boxy, shapeless style. There are pencil skirts, full skirts, balloon skirts, and A-line skirts, for starters.
- Pleated skirts are great on apple-shaped women because they camouflage the stomach area.
- Hourglass shapes look great in pencil skirts because they slim the thighs while still showing off your curves. Skirts with details on the bottom, like ruffles, also show off the curves.
- A-line skirts look great on women with pear shaped bodies. They minimize a larger lower half. If you're very thin, avoid bulky skirts, and try belts!Women with straighter bodies and not a lot of curves could try wearing a baby doll dress on top of the knee-length skirt. This will give the illusion of curves.
Pick a bold color.Since the knee-length skirt is a little simple in concept, you can make it seem different and stand out even more by choosing a bold color.
- Think bright colors like bubblegum pink, mustard, lime green, and peach. Pastels work well, but gem colors do too. You could try wearing a knee-length skirt with pleats. Choose it in a bold color, like lipstick pink, so it doesn’t look like you raided grandma’s closet.
- Knee-length skirts with mermaid hems are another way to make the style seem more up-to-date and very romantic. Consider pairing a red mermaid hemmed skirt with a simple white sleeveless shirt.
- Pay attention to how color and pattern work with your with body type (bold accentuates features, so placement of bold elements can be important.) For example, if you want to slim your hips, darker colors will work better on the bottom, and you could save the bold colors for the shirt. Navy, gray, dark brown, and black are slimming; brighter colors can make areas look bigger.
- That doesn’t mean you can’t make a black or white knee-length skirt work; you can, especially if you choose a colorful shirt. However, play with the color palette, and don’t be afraid to go bold. It’s a good rule of thumb to follow, though, that if you go bold on the bottom, pick a neutral color for the top, like a white or black shirt.
Try wearing an interesting fabric.Knee-length skirts are no longer avoided by celebrities, even in the summer. You can look good in a knee-length skirt too. It doesn’t have to look dowdy. Play around with the fabric choice.
- One way to make a knee-length skirt stand out is to pick one in an interesting fabric like lace. For example, some people wear knee length skirts in plaid. Want to really get attention? Try wearing tulle. This ballerina-like fabric is great for a night out.
- If you go with such a bold design or fabric, it’s a good idea to be simpler on top. One winning look is to pair the skirt with a crop top and a denim jacket or shirt.
- Eyelet fabric is considered very romantic and another way to jazz up a knee-length skirt. Again, because this is a busier fabric, it’s best to choose a simpler top, such as a tight unadorned white shirt. The reverse is also true. If you wear a solid-color knee-length skirt, you could go bolder with your top, by even wearing an eyelet shirt!
Dressing while Wearing a Knee-Length Skirt
Wear a contrasting shirt with an interesting design.If you choose a solid-colored knee-length skirt, you’re going pretty traditional. So, it will make for an interesting contrast to pair the skirt with a more modern shirt.
- Pick a shirt with an edge that speaks youth. For example, you could wear a cropped shirt, or a black shirt with shapes cut out in the sleeves. Crop tops are a great idea if you’re younger. Celebrities wear this look all the time. If you're wearing a belt, you will likely want a shirt that doesn't have a lot of fabric or a busy pattern. The belt itself will be the attention-getting item.
- You could choose a graphic T-shirt with a statement on it that is young and sassy. You could wear a plaid shirt or a shirt with gemstones or polka dots. Some people wear patterned knee-length skirts, but because of the amount of fabric, you might want to choose a solid color and save the pattern for the shirt.
- You could also play with contrasts in fabric, pairing the skirt with a denim shirt, for example, or with a T-shirt. Some people wear sweatshirts with the knee-length skirt. Again, play around with contrasts.
Play around with the fit of the shirt.Since the knee-length skirt can be seen as dowdy or just traditional in some corners, you have more leeway to spice up the top.
- A good rule of thumb is to not wear tight all over clothes. In other words, if you wear a more form-fitting shirt, don’t wear a tight or revealing top. The reverse is also true.
- Thus, because the knee-length skirt is classic, you could wear a shirt that shows a little cleavage or is just a little more form-fitting.
- Wear a long sweater. One common look with a knee-length skirt is to wear a slouchy sweater. This can give the entire look a cooler vibe.
Consider the occasion.Which knee-length skirt you choose can depend on the formality of the occasion.
- Skirts with more going on, such as pleats, ruffles, or other detailing, are going to work better for a night out, and they might seem frivolous for work.
- Stick with simple pencil or A-line skirts for business occasions, and the simpler the better if you're in a more informal setting too.
- Fabric matters here. Lace, velvet, tulle and other more luxurious fabrics work better for a night out. The shirt matters too. You can dress a skirt down fast with a crop top or T-shirt, and you can dress it up fast with a silk buttoned-down or other professional shirt.
Wearing the Right Accessories with a Knee-Length Skirt
Wear a belt.One way to make a knee length skirt look really classy is to wear a belt. This will draw attention away from the hemline and back to your waist.
- Some people prefer to wear a wide belt with a knee-length skirt. You could try choosing a wide belt in an interesting color, like mustard.
- Other people prefer to wear thin belts with knee-length skirts, but there’s more material with a knee-length skirt, so a wider belt might be a better choice so the belt is more visible.
- With some pencil skirts, you will want to wear the belt a little bit higher to create sort of a vintage look. Remember that knee-length skirts are sort of a throwback style of the old classics.
Carry a cute clutch.Remember that knee-length skirts can be pretty formal. They don’t have to be (if you wear, say, a cropped top), but they often are.
- Go with the formal feel, and carry a vintage clutch. Play up the 40s and 50s feel of the skirt. You don’t want to carry too big of a purse with this look because, again, you want the skirt itself to make the statement.
- You could try carrying a clutch in a color that doesn’t match yet complements the skirt color. For example, if your skirt is black, you could carry a ruby-red clutch or a lime-green one.
- Keep other accessories simple. Maybe wear a brooch on your shirt (depending on the shirt). Maybe wear simple diamond earrings. But, again, you want to let the skirt draw the attention.Wear bracelets, necklaces, rings, scarves, hats, and fingerless gloves.
Try boots.It might seem counter-intuitive to wear boots with a knee-length skirt because that’s not going to show much of your legs. As long as you let a few inches of leg peek out, it will look good.
- This look is very popular, especially in the winter, and it can look great. In fact, you can wear boots with a lot of different skirt lengths.
- Boots in leather or suede look great. You probably won’t want to wear knee-length boots with this look, though. Ankle boots look especially good with knee-length skirts.
- However, people have tried to wear knee-length boots with knee-length skirts and have pulled it off. Pick boots in a different color than the skirt if you try to do so. Wearing tights with a knee-length skirt works if you choose tights similar in color to the skirt. Otherwise, you won't be showing enough leg to create a streamlined look.
Wear great shoes.Try strappy heels with a knee-length skirt. Remember that the skirt is pretty formal and almost vintage.
- If your shoes are flats or too simple, the entire look might be boring. Wearing strappy high heels is a great way to jazz up the dress. Strappy heels will elongate your legs.
- You can also pair a knee-length skirt with flats, though. You should probably avoid wearing shoes that are too busy with a lot of lacing and other decoration. You don’t want the shoes to compete with the skirt.
- Some people even pair knee-length skirts with tennis shoes. You will avoid looking too frumpy if you accent the skirt with trendy or youthful fashion choices.
QuestionWhat is a pencil skirt?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt's a skirt, often knee-length, that is straight. It doesn't have a mermaid hem, and it's not full. It goes straight down.Thanks!
QuestionHow do kids wear knee-length skirts?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA child should match a knee-length skirt with youthful accessories and clothing. For example, wear a T-shirt or crop top with it! Wear tennis shoes or cool bracelets.Thanks!
||How to wear a knee-length skirt.|
- Sometimes it's more romantic to not show so much skin.
- Choose the proper fit. The waistline of a pencil skirt should sit on your natural waistline, for example.
- If you wear a baggy shirt with a knee-length skirt, you might look lost in the fabric.
- Knee-length skirts should generally skim just past the top of your kneecap.
Video: Knee Length Skirt Wearing Idea For Teenagers/Girls/Women - Ramshi Fashion
How to Create a Wellness Plan
5 Chocolate Bark Recipes Thatll Make You Say Mmm
17 Genius Ways Celebrities Have Styled Dresses Over Pants andJeans
The stars are supporting Jennifer Aniston’s open letter to the tabloids
How to Make a Philodendron Pole
Fashion News: Rumi Neely, Refinery29 More
Pretty And Fun DIY Brass Fringe Earrings To Make
How to Prepare for Kittens
Body brushing is the key to better skin texture – here’s why
The Internet Is Having a Field Day with This Picture of Melania Trump Smiling at Barack Obama
Fighting to save every brain cell
How to Use Your Canned Spinach
How to Run a Dinner Fundraiser
Happy Birthday Emma Watson: Her Best Red CarpetMoments
Bonus: Theres also an alternate version of the song Days in the Sun, one of the new songs featured in the live-action movie