How To Be Lead-Safe: Testing For Lead
How to Check Your Home for Lead
Find out if lead poses a hazard in your house.
Don't Miss This
Sign Up for OurHealthy LivingNewsletter
Thanks for signing up!You might also like these other newsletters:
You can get your home tested for lead in several different ways:
- A paint inspection tells you whether your home has lead-based paint and where it is located. It won't tell you whether or not your home currently has lead hazards.
- A risk assessment tells you if your home currently has any lead hazards from lead in paint, dust, or soil. It also tells you what actions to take to address any hazards.
- A combination risk assessment and inspection tells you if your home has any lead hazards and if your home has any lead-based paint, and where the lead-based paint is located.
Hire a trained and certified testing professional who will use a range of reliable methods when testing your home.
- Visual inspection of paint condition and location.
- A portable x-ray fluorescence (XRF) machine.
- Lab tests of paint, dust, and soil samples.
There are state and federal programs in place to ensure that testing is done safely, reliably, and effectively. Contact your state or local agency (see bottom of page 11) for more information, or call 1-800-424-LEAD (5323) for a list of contacts in your area.
Home test kits for lead are available, but may not always be accurate. Consumers should not rely on these kits before doing renovations or to assure safety.
Video: How to Check Your Home for Lead Paint as ‘Fixer Upper’ Stars are Fined
Trump piles on Senate Dems over delusional North Korea summit demands
How to Write to Hillary Clinton
How to Know if Your Toe Is Broken
How To Live A Toxin-Free Life
Alcohol and Obesity trigger Cancer
7 Things You Need To Know About Lyme Disease And Your Chances Of Getting It
How to Play Agar.io
8 Easy Ways to Clean Your Home
How to make a cheesy egg-in-a-hole
How to Trim a Birds Beak
How to Write a Process Essay
Break Out The Same Time Every Month How To Stop HormonalAcne
90’s Grunge Eyeliner
How to Perform the Naked Man (from How I Met Your Mother)
Who wore it best Kate Moss Vs. Courteney Cox