How to Make an Apple Cake
Apple Spice Cake
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. molasses
1/2 c. sour cream
apples (1 Golden Delicious and 1 Granny Smith)
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; spray the paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the molasses and sour cream. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated; fold in the apples.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then, using the overhangs, transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Five minutes before serving, make the topping: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Add the sour cream and beat to stiff peaks. Spread over the cake and dust with cinnamon, if desired.
Video: Apple + Spice Cake
Even Fitness Star Chontel Duncan Deals With Post-Baby Struggles
8 Healthy’ Swaps That Aren’t Really Better for You
6 Great Hacks That Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Foot Pain
What Really Happens to Your Hair After Pregnancy
How to Make Half Whole Wheat Pizzelles With Dark Chocolate Speckles
Cory Monteith’s Cousin Speaks Out Following Glee Star’s Death
How to Pass a Life Insurance Exam
How to Use Counseling to Overcome Workplace Challenges
Exercises and Nutrition for a Bigger, Firmer Bubble Butt
Police Officer Accidentally Kills 34-Year-Old Woman After Her Dog Startles Him
How to Fix Salty Soup
How to Host a Good Party
Date: 09.12.2018, 20:32 / Views: 64433