Eat Healthy for Under
10 Healthy Food Choices When You Have Type 2 Diabetes
By making these small changes, you can control your type 2 diabetes without letting it take over your life.
By Everyday Health Editors
Don't Miss This
Sign Up for OurEveryday Health: Diabetes Step-by-StepNewsletter
Thanks for signing up!You might also like these other newsletters:
The foods and beverages you choose directly affect your diabetes. As you work on controlling your blood-glucose levels by eating healthier, you’ll also learn to master portion control and will get better at making the right food choices. Here are some simple ways to get started:
- Buy more fresh fruits and vegetables when you’re doing your grocery shopping.
- Increase fiber by choosing whole-grain breads and cereals. Brown rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, and whole-wheat bread are good sources of fiber.
- Eat more poultry and fish. Try lean ground poultry instead of ground beef. Fish contain healthy oils, so choose fish frequently instead of meat.
- Remove skin and fat from poultry. Use lean cuts of beef and pork and remove excess fat.
- Avoid high cooking temperatures or searing meat. High heat locks in the fat. Moderate cooking temperatures help reduce the fat.
- Use low-fat cooking methods. Broil, bake, stir-fry, or grill food instead of frying.
- When eating out, avoid foods described as buttery, batter-dipped, crispy, with gravy, or with cheese sauce.
- Use less salt and more pepper, herbs, and seasonings in your cooking.
- Slow down and chew. Eating slowly can actually help you eat less and lose weight. Put your knife and fork down between each bite. Try chewing your food at least 20 times before swallowing.
- Practice mindful eating. Take your time. Notice the colors, textures, and aromas of the food. Consider how hungry you are. Decide how much you really need, and enjoy every bite.
Video: Healthy Eating Schedule for Your Digestive System : Fit Food
Black Friday 2019 discount: up to 225 off Bear Mattress until Nov
13 Things You Didnt Know About Peeps
12 Reasons You Should Buy Groceries At The Dollar Store
EXCLUSIVE: Salma Hayek Shows Us How To Get a GlamEye
How to Determine Order of Reaction
Blending Intimacy and Fibromyalgia
The Equipment Blouse With a Cult Following Is Finally Back
How to Get Rid of a Nerve Pinch in Your Neck Quickly
New gender equality emojis are coming to Google
Shag Haircuts, Fine Hair and Your Most Gorgeous Looks
Is model Miranda Kerr too skinny
Trump says Jerusalem is Israels Capitl, embassy to be moved
How Uma Thurman’s 1995 Oscar Dress Changed the Red CarpetForever